1. Starting with this version, Lunarcaster DJ requires you to have BOTH .NET 4.0 and Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 installed! If you don't have them already, here are the links to where you can get them from Microsoft (Don't worry, both are Free):
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 SP2: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5783
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
2. Vista & Windows 7 users:
- Vista users may find it necessary to install LunarCaster DJ to a location outside of your Program Files directory. I have found out that due to certain security "enhancements" made for Vista and possibly (not sure) Windows 7 as well, some features may not work properly if installed under Program Files. Some features that may or may not be effected by this issue are; Settings, anything using the database (like the playlist or server settings for encoders), and file drag-drop to anywhere in the program. So, again, I highly recommend Vista users install to a location outside of "Program Files". Windows 7 users who experience issues with any of the features I mentioned may also want to try re-installing to a different location.
- I have changed the installer to install to AppData instead of Program Files by default. LunarCaster DJ is actually quite portable (as long as SQLCE and .NET 4 are installed on the machine you use it on), and the eintire folder can be even placed on a thumbdrive and run from there if you so choose.
3. Here is a list of changes that have been made:
- Stuttering of local playback while streaming during network issues corrected...finally! ;)
- Microphone bug fix (mic would drift out of sync during streaming).
- Added audio support for numerous filetypes. Audio for the following filetypes should now all be playable: mp3, wav, ogg, aac, mp2, mp1, aiff, m2a, mpg, mpeg, aif, mp3pro, bwf, mus, mp4, m4a, m4b, wma, wmv.
- Added countdown timer for soundFX.
- Encoders now need to be placed in the Encoders folder.
- Updated to .NET 4.0
- Lots and lots of tweaking of the Queue drag-drop funktionality.
- Added direct file drag-drop support for the Players, Playlist and Queue.
- Added a pull-down menu for quick switching of playlists for those using multiple playlists. (pulled from the newly added playlist folder)
- Search & Random song adding in the Queue will now update when music is adding to or removing from the playlist without the need to restart the program.
- Configuration changes no longer require a restart.
- Aux inputs completed and have been tested.
- Removed Database selection button (not really needed)
- Removed About button (still available from the ? button next to the X in the top right corner).
- Added a click event to the picture boxes for the players. When a file is playing, and you click on the picture box for that deck, the song info will be displayed.
- A confirmation box for server (encoder) deleting.
- Added links to where encoders can be found if they are discovered missing in the encoders folder when attempting to connect to a server.
- Drag-Drop for Playlist/Search/History to Queue. Still needs work on exact drop location in the Queue.
- Clicking Play on one of the Decks with nothing in the Play Queue will now automatically pull a random song from the Playlist to play.
- While in Autoplay mode, if the Play Queue runs dry (empty) songs will be pulled at random from the Playlist. This means that while in Autoplay mode, music will continue to play nonstop even while unattended.
Well, that's about all I can think of that I have changed since v1.0.11 (I left off numerous minor bug fixes and code cleanup stuff that nobody will notice anyway.).