Connect with Facebook
Home Blog


Update 2 August 2012

Howdy folks,

So, things have been moving rather slowly lately. In part due to my school work and in part due to the level of changes I am working on for the next release.

I have already implemented a waveform display and fixed a few minor bugs. But, what is taking the most time is switching database implementations in an attempt to make LCDJ cross-platform (windows/linux via Mono).

I will update this blog as soon as I have made more progress.



LunarCaster DJ update plus Joomla! development info

LunarCaster DJ v1.2

Since I have not received any major bug reports (only one minor bug to fix) on LunarCaster DJ v1.1, I have decided to go ahead and start with v1.2. Version 1.2 will basically be the same as 1.1, just with a lot of code clean-up. As I have stated before, this next version will be available for download without registration. I still recommend registering here in order to be able to post any bug reports and/or make feature requests etc.

Native Radio Module v1.6.2

If you hadn't noticed already, I just released this update the other day (thanks to defabios for reminding me than I hadn't made it compatible with joomla 1.5). Mostly, the update allows installation in Joomla! 1.5 through 2.5. A couple other minor changes were also made to clear a bug which caused the player not to be displayed properly (or at all) on pages other than the frontpage.

New Joomla! Component

I have also begun work on a new component for Joomla! I don't want to give away any details just yet since I'm not even sure if I'll be able to make it work. I hope to have an Alpha test version of the component ready by June. So, keep an eye out for the release here.

LunarCaster DJ Update 31 January 2012

So, this is taking a bit longer than expected to get done. But, hopefully, everyone will be happy with the results. A LOT of work has gone into drag-drop functionality.

I'm not going to give a date anymore on when it will be released (too many things going on that can prevent me from finishing on time if I set a deadline). I will say that it should be soon.

This next release is intended to be the last Beta version. Version 1.2 is planned as the first Stable release, and will no longer require registration to download. I have only kept the registration requirement in place during the Beta phase in the hopes I would get more feedback on possible bugs.

Along with the release of v1.2 I will also be launching an upgraded website where only registered users will be able to access future Beta versions. Stable versions will be freely available to download with or without registration. ;)

I will only be working on bug fixes after version 1.1 is released in preparation for 1.2. No additional feature requests will be accepted (unless I consider them to be necessary) until after 1.2 is released.

I plan to edit this post soon to include a roadmap for future releases which will include things like video support via NSV as well as localizations (language files) and skins/themes.


Problems with 1.1 *UPDATE*


Microsoft SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 ...

I'm not sure yet what caused this problem, but, embedding the SQLCE database as I did with previous versions, isn't working anymore. Prehaps it never did, or perhaps it has to do with the

.NET upgrade to 4.0?


Either way, for the time being, if you are having problems with LCDJ working on your system, check if you have Microsoft SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 installed. If you don't, you can get it

here: . If it still doesn't work for you, please let me know so I can look into any other possible problems.


I will be releasing v1.1 most likely sometime tonight. If I am not hampered again by some unforseen issue.

*update - maybe Wednesday or Thursday...sorry, but there a just 2 more things I want to complete before I release it.

Problems with 1.1

A couple testers have had problems with the new version. I had asked a couple people to test the new version (1.1) prior to release and it was discovered that there are some issues that still

need to be ironed out. Mostly with regard to the change to .NET 4.0, which seems to be causing some unexpected problems. What I may end up doing is reverting to a previous version and adding\

the changes step-by-step until I find the one causing this issue (it is currently unclear what the problem is).


With that said, it will be a bit longer before I can release 1.1 to Beta testing.


More Articles...

Find us on Google+